2021 Bloodroot Retreats and Experiences
Three DAY BLOODROOT SESSIONS RETREAT
September 24-26th 2021 | Marlboro, VT
- 3 day/2 night retreat on a spacious, beautiful Vermont property complete with a lake, stream, woods and hiking trails
- Your own private, hour-long Bloodroot photo session with a witness complete with wardrobe options and an array of elements and props (worth $800, including full gallery of downloadable images)
- Multi-dimensional self love and embodiment workshops led by trained healers
- Class offerings such as art making, nature mandalas, meditation and more
- Personal reiki session for each attendee
- Homemade meals and snacks made with serious LOVE
- A supportive circle of powerful womxn (Bloodroot is a welcoming affinity space for all those who identify as womxn, including trans womxn and femme-identifying genderqueer and non-binary individuals) and access to Bloodroot alumni events.
- A private group photo viewing party for retreat attendants a month after the retreat for the purpose of witnessing ourselves and each other.
Investment is $1,200
The retreat investment does not include accommodations. There is ample space to camp on the land we will be staying on with bathrooms and shower access. There are also many Airbnb options in the area that are affordable and cute! If this is of interest we are happy to send along a list of places.
There are 15 spots available with 3 sliding scale slots for those who are in financial need. Payment plans are also available (options of 3-$400 payments or 4-$300 payments up until the delivery of your gallery.)
Please fill out the form below for more information.
Meet the Healers and Facilitators
Rachel (she/her) is an artist, photographer, former birth worker, space holder and creator of Bloodroot Sessions. Her art and breath lives at the intersection of social justice, expressive arts and body liberation. She is particularly informed and inspired by queer, black, feminist thought, trauma informed everything, as well as those dreaming of abolitionist futures. She spends her time making messy art of all kinds, taking pictures of humans getting free in their bodies, and listening to plants and trees. She and her family practice connection to their Celtic, Chinese and West African ancestors through ritual, music, cultural celebration and food. She is forever in the practice of remembering how to be a whole human- mess, beauty, star dust and all.
HANIFA NAYO WASHINGTON
Hanifa Nayo Washington (she/her) is an artist, soul teacher, and the Principal & Co-Founder of One Village Healing. Hanifa is a certified Reiki Master Practitioner and views her energy healing as radical medicine for individual and collective liberation. Also experience Hanifa’s original healing mantras on her latest album Mantras For The Revolution, offering seven original mantras - one for each chakra.
Angela (she/her) is a fiercely loving organizer and trainer committed to justice and joy -- to large, systemic change and deep healing. Body movement and dance have cracked open for her a path to healing, self-love and individual and collective liberation. During the retreat she will invite each of us to move, sway and shake our bodies to tune-in to the emotions that reside within and to turn-on to our power.
THEMA GRAVES, RMT
Thema (she/her) is a healing artist who specializes in Reiki energy healing, and the Managing Director & Co-Founder of One Village Healing. Thema is certified in Usui/Holy Fire Reiki. She supports and empowers people with a space to relax, while acquiring mindfulness tools and divine knowledge on their road to healing and wholeness.
TW (she/her/they) is a radical queer educator, farmer, justice love healing warrior whose work involves finding our ways to full expression on a path of liberation, internally and collectively. She is beyond honored to show up for everything that arrives on this Bloodroot path, from logistics to laughter to loud ass noises. She will come with herbs, salves, grounding practices, and wildness.
Lisa (she/her) is a queer activist, Quaker minister, and former public school teacher with over 20 years of experience in working with youth. She now trains teachers and non-profit staff for the purpose of increasing racial and gender equity .She is a facilitator of the Beyond Diversity 101 workshops and as a Quaker minister she works at the intersection of racial justice, climate change, and reparations in her faith community. She brings color, care and grounding wherever she goes.